OWL NAME PLATE
Make coils with colourful jute rope. Assemble the coils to make an owl and put the rest of the name plate together. Hang it up near your door!
1. Start each jute coil from the centre on each base.
2. The body is made with the rainbow jute rope.
3. The eyes are made from white jute rope.
4. The beak is made of orange jute rope.
4. For the feet you will make coils without a base- apply glue directly to the jute rope and coil it. Make the feet about half the size of the beak.
MAKING THE OWL
5. Stick the eyes on the body, the beak on the eyes and the feet. Glue on googly eyes.
6. Make 3 loops from white jute rope and stick to the back as a tail.
7. Cover a bit of brown jute rope with glue. Place above the eyes as shown.
8. Make a heart scroll using more brown jute, Stick between the eyes.
9. Stick a small ‘V’ shape between the eyes.
ASSEMBLING THE NAME PLATE
10. Stick the brown foam spacers behind the branch.
11. Stick the branch to the lower half of the moon.
12. Stick another brown spacer behind the owl and stick it to the branch.
13. Tie the name plate board to the branch using leftover jute rope.
14. Glue the green foam hook behind the moon.
15. Use acrylic paint or a permanent marker to Write your name on the name plate!